Retirement from Consumers Energy and Return to Blogging

In my capacity as EV Education and Outreach Lead for Consumers Energy EV group in the last three years, one of my regular tasks has been to write the articles for the company's EV e-Newsletter (archived copies are on a prior blog post).  

With the support of my supervisor at Consumers Energy, I've also focused my attention on the Zero E-Michigan YouTube channel and video podcasts as well as audio only podcasts (Buzzsprout).  Since there's only so much of my creative energy to go around, I have neglected the "Muskegon EV Guy" blog.  

As of March 1, 2024, I will be retiring from the Consumers Energy position.  My reasons mostly have to do with my desire to do less work and more travel and other fun things.  

More EV Content To Come

I still enjoy being in the non-professional EV education and outreach space.  As such, I will continue with the YouTube and podcast efforts, but also come back to writing.  For some people and for some topics, a simple article is better than a video.  So if that's more your cup of tea, I invite you to subscribe to this blog and you'll be notified when new articles appear.  

This blog will also be streamlined into the Zero E-Michigan family rather than keeping the "Muskegon EV Guy" moniker.  That way my Zero E-Michigan co-host Larry and I can use the most effective medium for that topic.

Social Media, Events, and Meetups

Charging a Zero from the F150 Lightning
For those folks on Facebook, the West Michigan EV and Plug-In Vehicle Enthusiasts group has gotten quite popular with membership approach 1,000.  So if that's your preferred platform, I encourage you to become a member there.  In addition to timely topics, we try to have monthly social meetups as well as highlight events like Drive Electric Earth Day (April) and National Drive Electric Week (September).  

If you're an electric motorcycle ride in West Michigan, we also have a Facebook group for that.  

EV Travel and Motorcycle Touring

With my 2022 Zero SR/S now outfitted with cases and charging upgrades for touring, I plan to make more trips with that vehicle as well as towing it with our Tesla Model Y.

Of course it's winter in Michigan, so there won't be much motorcycling until the snow melts.  So for now, EV tips will likely be on the four-wheeled variety.


What Content Do You Want to See?

If you have EV topics that you would like to see us cover, please let me know in the comments or email to zeroemichiganmedia@gmail.com 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EV Charging on a TT-30 30-Amp RV Plug

Plug In West Michigan Podcast - Episode 8 - EVs in Winter

2015 Tesla Model S P85D - Sold!